NVIDIA is a technology company that is famous for its graphics cards and GPU processors for live wallpaper Windows 10. If you are a fan of computing, then you might have heard about NVIDIA or used a couple of things by this company. Before some time every GPU comes with a driver CD that can be used to configure the settings of NVIDIA components. These days you can download and install a standalone app to configure and manage NVIDIA components on your system. The latest and the most popular tool for that is the NVIDIA Control Panel. Just like the Windows come with a control panel to change and modify the device settings, NVIDIA products can be controlled using this control panel from NVIDIA.
Every software, tool, or app has some flaws and people often face problems with them. Even the operating systems perform poorly sometimes and you are required to change some settings to make it work smoothly again. The same goes for the NVIDIA control panel and there come many times when this program misbehaves with the system. A lot of people out there are facing NVIDIA control panel not showing or missing problems which is definitely a huge blow for them. The NVIDIA control panel will show up in the Control Panel as installed, but the NVIDIA control panel disappeared problem occurs because of many reasons. To fix this issue, you might have to understand why does it happen.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about how to open NVIDIA control panel and what to do NVIDIA control panel not available on your system. If you have installed NVIDIA control panel Windows 10 then a shortcut will get placed on your desktop, if you have deleted or disabled it, then it will become quite hard for novice users to find the app. Don’t worry because we are going to help you with the solutions to follow when you can’t find NVIDIA control panel. We will also tell you a couple of best NVIDIA control panel settings that you can apply in your NVIDIA control panel so it doesn’t get disappeared and works smoothly on your device with all other hardware.
- Also Read About: How To Quote Someone On Discord
- 1 Causes of NVIDIA Control Panel Missing?
- 2 NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening | How To Open NVIDIA Control Panel
Causes of NVIDIA Control Panel Missing?
A lot of people have thought why is my NVIDIA control panel missing before actually searching for a solution. If you are among them, then let us tell you that there are different reasons why this problem occurs. It depends on your system and other settings why the NVIDIA display container is not appearing on your system. Below we have listed some of the major causes of the NVIDIA Control Panel missing on Windows 10.
- Graphics Driver Issues
- Uncompatible Windows Update
- Missing/Incorrect Registry
- Corrupt NVIDIA Control Panel
Remember that we have listed only a few of the most common reasons why most of the people face NVIDIA Control Panel missing error on their system. There are a lot more reasons behind this problem and that is why we will recommend you to follow each method mentioned below to see which worked for you.
NVIDIA Control Panel Download – NVIDIA Control Panel Update
The first and the best method to solve the NVIDIA control panel not working issues is by doing the NVIDIA control panel download. You can use the Control Panel on Windows or a third-party uninstaller program like Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the NVIDIA Control Panel from your system. When you don’t know how to access NVIDIA control panel Windows 10 then you can simply uninstall it and NVIDIA control panel download windows 10 to install it again. When you will reinstall NVIDIA control panel then a new shortcut will be created on the desktop as well as in the Start Menu. You can simply click on it to get access to the GeForce control panel.
NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening | How To Open NVIDIA Control Panel
Unhide NVIDIA Windows 10 App
The first thing you can do to fix NVIDIA control panel missing Windows 10 is to unhide to app on your system. There are many people out there who have complained about NVIDIA control panel missing after driver update and that can be the case with you too. Open the Control Panel on your Windows system to check if NVIDIA is installed or not on your system. If you find it in the Programs list then you can follow the steps mentioned below to unhide the app.
- First of all, press Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
- Type “Control” (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- In the control panel, change the settings of icons to View By: Large Icons.
- Find and click on the NVIDIA Control Panel to open the app.
- In the Menu Bar click on Desktop or View option.
- A drop-down menu will appear, simply click on Add Desktop Context Menu.
- Once done, the NVIDIA Control Panel will appear on your screen as a shortcut for the app.
- Your problem with NVIDIA control panel display settings missing will be solved now.
Restart NVIDIA Control Panel Windows 10
Most of the time you can fix NVIDIA control panel wont open kind of problems just by restarting the software. This fix can be applied to other apps as well so if an app is misbehaving, then you can restart it to fix the problem automatically. This solution will work only when you can’t open NVIDIA control panel but still knows how to access it. Follow the steps mentioned below and you will be able to restart the NVIDIA control panel on your Windows system.
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open the RUN box.
- Type “services.msc” (without quotes) in it and press Enter.
- A new Services Window will open with a list of all services available on your system.
- Find the services associated with NVIDIA on that list.
- Right-Click on each service of NVIDIA and click on Restart to restart it.
- Do this for all NVIDIA services and you will be able to start the NVIDIA control panel without any issues.
If you are getting Error 14109 or “windows cannot start Nvidia Display Container Service” kind of message then you might have to visit the Device Manager to solve issues with the NVIDIA drivers. Here is how you can use the Windows Device Manager to solve this issue:
- Right-Click on the Start Button and click on Device Manager.
- Scroll down and expand the Display Drivers option.
- Right-Click on the NVIDIA GeForce Drivers -> Uninstall Device.
Simply restart your PC both of your problems, NVIDIA control panel missing, and won’t open problem will be solved. If this method didn’t work for you, then you can try other methods mentioned below.
- Also Read: How To Play iOS Games On PC
Manually Launch Best NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
If you know where is the control panel in windows 10 then you can manually launch it to make it work again. There are many people out there who are facing NVIDIA control panel missing options and in that case, this method is very useful. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be able to run your NVIDIA control panel again.
- Open My Computer and go to the drive where all programs are installed. Generally, it is C Drive.
- Open Program Files folder and find a folder named NVIDIA Corporation.
- If you are not able to find it in the Program Files folder, then try finding it in the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Open the NVIDIA Corporation folder and double-click on the nvcplui.exe file, which is the NVIDIA Control Panel Client.
- You can also right-click on nvcplui.exe file and select Run As Administrator.
- Create a desktop shortcut of the nvcplui.exe file so that you can run the NVIDIA Control Panel right from the desktop.
Re-Install GeForce Control Panel App
If you are facing issues like the NVIDIA control panel not opening then you can simply do a fresh installation of the NVIDIA control panel to make it work with the default settings. If you are using any kind of software updater, then you can check it to install the NVIDIA control panel update, if any. You can always download and install the latest version NVIDIA control panel on your Windows devices just like you can Remove FileRepMetagen.
If you don’t know how to get to NVIDIA control panel download page, then we have already provided it above in this post. If you have the NVIDIA driver CD, then you can use it to install the GeForce Control Panel else use the link mentioned above. This app is not available on the NVIDIA’s website, so you will have to download NVIDIA Control Panel from Microsoft Store.
Enable NVIDIA Control Panel At Startup
If your default NVIDIA display settings are not available then you can make the control panel start automatically at the boot. You can manually add programs to the Startup so they can start at the system boot-up. Doing so will help you in solving the issue of the NVIDIA control panel missing easily on all Windows versions. Remember that if you are facing NVIDIA container high CPU usage or NVIDIA control panel access denied problem, then this solution may not help you in fixing it. Start following the steps mentioned below to enable the NVIDIA control panel at startup.
- First of all, visit the NVIDIA Corporation folder in Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder.
- Double-click on the Display.NvContainer folder to open it.
- Find Display.NvContainer file in it and right-click on it.
- Copy that file and open the RUN box. Press Windows Key + R to open it.
- Type “shell:startup” (without quotes) in the Run box and press Enter.
- Startup Folder will open on your screen. Right-click anywhere and paste the Display.NvContainer in that folder.
To make sure this control panel opens normally, right-click on the Display.NvContainer file and click on Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab. Find and tick mark Run This Program As Administrator option. Click on OK to save changes. Not with every boot, NVIDIA Control Panel app will start automatically.
So this is all about how to fix NVIDIA control panel missing and we hope you are able to fix NVIDIA control panel won’t open issue now. There are many solutions for preferred graphics processor NVIDIA control panel missing available out there but the solutions we have provided here work best among all. You can also try these methods even if you are facing NVIDIA telemetry container missing error on your system.
We will keep this post updated with more methods about how to get the NVIDIA control panel back when it goes missing from your system. So, keep visiting Roarke Software to know about it and to download NVIDIA control panel latest version. If you are facing any issues or you have any questions related to this problem, then feel free to ask us about them via the comments below.