Can a DVD player read a CD-ROM?
DVD players are designed to playback discs that conform to the Compact Disc (CD) standard. Dual Discs and some music discs encoded with copyright protection technologies do not conform to the Compact Disc (CD) standard.
How do I play a CD on my DVD player?
How to Play a CD on a DVD Player
- Turn on the DVD player. It generally takes a few seconds to get going.
- Make sure the disc isn’t scratched or dirty.
- Press the “Play” button on the DVD player or remote control.
- Use the “Scene Selection” buttons on your remote to select a track.
- Crank it up and enjoy your music.
How do I play a CD on my laptop without a CD drive?
In this guide, we’ll give you the facts on how to play a DVD or CD on a desktop PC or laptop with no disk drive.
These tips work for desktop PCs, too.
- Use an external DVD drive.
- Create ISO files for virtual disks.
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
What is the difference between CDs and DVDs?
The CD and DVD are the optical recording medium where CD was devised as an audio storage format while DVD is used as the universal storage format. The latter technology DVD can hold data about 7 times more than CD and its format efficiency is also 32% greater than a CD.